Wednesday, 23 December 2015

Sugar Cookies


I really wanted to bake some festive like biscuits so I looked through by baking books and picked the sugar cookies recipe from my Humingbird book so here's what you need for these.

• 200g unsalted butter 
• 280g caster sugar 
• 1 egg  
• 400g plain flour 
• a pinch of salt
• 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract 
• 1/2 Teaspoon cream of tartar 

Start by Preheating your oven to 17 degrees and then line your baking trays with greaseproof paper. Next grab your mixing bowl and pop the butter, sugar and vanilla extract and cream it all together until light and fluffy. I didn't actually have any Vanilla Extract so I just skipped that part and they still tasted pretty nice. Next add the egg and mix well until it's all combined together. Lastly add the dry remaining ingredients: The Flour, Salt and The Cream of Tartar and mix well but be careful to not overmix them, if it's not really looking like dough I added a bit more milk and kept breaking it and rolling it together until I was happy with it. 


Once your happy with your dough lightly dust your surface with flour and roll out the dough with a rolling pin to whatever thickness you'd like them to be. Grab your cookie cutters and just cut your shapes out and place onto the greaseproof paper. Now all you need to do is pop them into the oven and bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown, I actually took mine out when they didn't really look that cooked as I didn't want them going too hard and crunchy, so this just depends on personal preference with how long you want them in there and how golden brown you want them to be. Once you're happy with how they are, dust with caster sugar and icing sugar to finish. 

B x
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. These sound so good, I wish i'd had the chance to make them before christmas! xo

    http://www.samanthasbeautyloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE sugar cookies sooo much ! They are literally the best thing to make during Christmas time and are so easy !! Thanks for the recipe lovely!

    Saira
    www.throughtheglitterglass.wordpress.com
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious - will definitely be having a go at making these as a festive treat with my brother and sister! Thanks for sharing :) x

    Amy | The Perks of Being Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look soo delicious! I hope you had a fab Christmas! :)
    Emma xxx

    www.wellemma.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so good! Will have to give them a try :)

    Hana | www.hanarosella.blogspot.co.uk ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never wanted to make sugar cookies until I saw this post! your pictures are fantastic and the recipe is wrote out in a lovely way that makes it easy to follow. I'll definitely have to try making them, just not Christmas themed ones haha x

    Mollie Victoria Beauty | Blog

    ReplyDelete

© Be My Anchor. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig