Wednesday, 2 August 2017

July Favourites

 Switched at Birth - I became obsessed with this TV show a couple of years back but never managed to see the full series so you can imagine how happy I was when the box set was put up on On Demand! I was so excited, me and my sister (itsthebluebow) ended up starting the series from the first one again just to refresh our memory with what happened and I fell in love with it all over again and we completely binged watched it. I think you can probably guess what this TV show is about, but just in case you're really confused I'll spell it out for you: two teenage girls - Bay and Daphne - have their Worlds turned upside down when they find out they were Switched at Birth. The story unravels throughout the first series with the girls meeting their biological parents and the girls meeting each other. Daphne is deaf and her biological parents have no idea how to speak to her or act around her. Bay is the first of the girls to think that something was wrong because of how different she is from her parents and the story plays out throughout the 6 series. Not only that, but the girls grew up in completely different backgrounds to each other so saying it's difficult for them to all get along is an understatement. What I love about this show is that it includes so many varied story lines and it just drags you in from the first episode, I'll probably end up re-watching this again this Summer.

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation - Because it's been so warm over the past couple of months I've been ditching my trusty SF Foundation and opting for the Rimmel Match Perfection, I also wanted to try a more dewy finish rather than a matte one because I'm struggling with very dry skin at the moment which is weird for me because normally around Summer it's oily as heck!

A Quiet Kind of Thunder - This was the book I really enjoyed throughout July, I really connected with Steffi in this book and on certain parts it was like I was reading a book about my life because I was just like 'I do that, and that, and that!' through the book. They'll be a review on this one soon so I don't want to say too much.

Trolls - Lastly is a movie favourite, now I know it's probably going to shock you but no it's not Twilight or Harry Potter, however I have been re-watching them both throughout July as well - they never get old - but my other movie favourite is Trolls! It's SO cute, seriously this film is adorable, I didn't think I was going to like it as much as I did, but I really enjoyed it, and it totally didn't make me cry or anything. Nope. My eyes were just watering okay?

What were you loving last month?

B x 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. A Quiet Kind of Thunder sounds really interesting - I'll have to check it out! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete

© Be My Anchor. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig